This is to inform our members (in good standing) that the Election to the Executive Committee of the Nigeria-Canada Association of British Columbia (NCABC) that will run the affairs of the Association for the next two years (2023-2025), is scheduled to take place at the general meeting of July 2, 2023. Here is a list of offices in the Executive Committee: President, Vice – President, General-Secretary, Assistant- Secretary, Financial Secretary, Treasurer, Social Secretary, Public Relations officer, Youth Secretary.
The following are nomination conditions to serve on the NCABC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
1. No person shall be elected as President unless that person holds Canadian citizenship, has been resident in British Columbia for at least two years and has been a member of the Association in good standing for at least two years prior to the date of the election.
2. In the case of all other offices/positions in the Executive Committee, no person shall be elected unless that person has been resident in British Columbia for at least two years and has been a member of the Association in good standing for at least the last one year immediately preceding the date of the election.
3. Any person aspiring to be elected to the Executive Committee shall consent to a criminal background check, if necessary, to be conducted by the electoral committee of the Association or any entity nominated by it.
4. No person shall be elected to the Executive Committee unless he or she has obtained a minimum of high school diploma or what a simple majority of the general meeting deems to be its equivalent.
5. A member in good standing may nominate himself or another member in good standing to run for an office in the Executive Committee and submit the nomination to the Electoral Commission at least 2 weeks before the date of election.
6. Members of an existing Executive Committee may seek election to a vacant
office, but shall first give a notice of vacation of their present office and no officer shall hold two offices on the Executive Committee at the same time.
Anyone that needs further clarification on the process should write the Electoral Committee via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by June 17, 2023.
Please, refer to Articles V and VII in the Constitution, for more details about election of officers.
The Independent Electoral Committee
1. Dr. Josiah Akinsanmi
2. Mrs. Adebukola Adewuyi
3. Alhaji Adamu Buba
4. Ms. Amaka Mbadike
5. Dr. Ajibola Fabusuyi